Supta Baddha Konasana or Reclining Bound Angle Pose
By helping to create space in the groin and pelvic region, this is a great pose for relieving the pain caused by menstrual cramps.
HOW TO DO THIS POSE
- Lie on your back bringing the soles of your feet together.
- Arms are at your side palms facing up, or you can place one hand on your heart and one hand on your belly.
- Stay in this pose for 5-15 minutes while gently breathing in and out through your nose.
- When you are ready to come out, take your hands to the outside of your knees to help draw them into the midline.
- With your feet pressing into the floor, a little wider than hips distance apart, allow your knees to knock together for a few breaths.