When done with a block or blanket to support the head, Balasana is great for relieving pain in the neck and back, while simultaneously calming the brain and relieving stress and fatigue. Child’s pose is a great way to start and end your day.
HOW TO DO THIS POSE
- Bring your big toes together and your knees a little wider than hips distance apart.
- Begin to lay your torso down in the space you have created between your legs, resting your forehead on a block, blanket, or even a thick block.
- Calmly begin to breathe here, inhaling through your nose, then exhaling through your nose.
- After holding for several minutes you will feel your hips start to gently open and release and your spine lengthening.
- Hold for 5-8 breaths than repeat on the right side. Practice this pose a few times throughout your work day.