We are on our phones, tablets, and computers a lot and one of the first places we feel this is in our wrists. This is a simple pose you can do anywhere to relieve some of the pain your wrists may be feeling.
HOW TO DO THIS POSE
- Stand straight with your weight equally distributed on both feet, approximately an arm’s distance away from a wall. Place the palm of your left hand on the wall making sure that it is line with your shoulder.
- Turn the hand out so that your middle finger is pointing behind you. If this variation is too strenuous you can have your fingers pointing up toward the ceiling.
- Keeping your left elbow slightly bent begin to externally rotate your upper arm, wrapping it in the direction of your fingers.
- Make sure that your fingers are spread and that you are pressing evenly through your entire hand. Gradually begin to press the wall away, straightening your left elbow as you do so.
- Hold for 5-8 breaths then repeat on the right side. Practice this pose a few times throughout your work day.