Touted as a miracle pose, Viparita Karani is a restorative yoga pose that helps with everything from headaches and arthritis to insomnia and depression.
HOW TO DO THIS POSE
- Place your right or left hip snug against a wall, then begin to extend your feet up the wall.
- Your buttocks should be fairly close to the wall and your feet will be close together.
- Arms are at your side with palms facing up, above your head in a cactus shape, or you can have one palm resting on your heart and one palm resting on your belly.
- Close your eyes and quietly inhale and exhale through your nose for 5 -15 minutes, allowing your body to completely soften into the ground.
- To come out of the pose, bend your knees and press yourself away from the wall. Gently roll to your left side and hang out in the fetal position for a few moments before making your way upright.